Friday, December 12, 2008

Lillian's Birth Story!

On Monday December 8th we went to our doctors appointment at 10:45am. We found out we were 3cm and 90% effaced, along with high blood pressure and a little protein. Since we were only 5 days away from the due date he was fine with us being induced. Eric took Aiden to Great-Grandma Holloway's as I was being moved to the hospital (the next building over).
Once in Labor and Delivery (11:30am) the doctor broke my water and checked me again to find I was 4cm and 100% effaced. He checked to make sure the cord was not around her neck or anything like that and she grabbed his finger. Eric showed up just when they started the pitocin. I decided I wanted to see if I could go through the labor with out an epidural yet I did get something that took the edge off. Yet it only worked for about half an hour and I had to wait for half an hour to get another dose. Eric was great at helping me remember to breath and to stay as calm as possible. I started feeling the need to push and the nurse checked me and I was 9cm and she called the doctor. He showed up and we started to push and Lillian joined us just 5 minutes later!

5 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Hip Hip Horray! I am glad you had an easy delivery!

Jen Bowen said...

Congratulations on having Lillian join you guys early. I'm glad everything went so well!

Courtney said...

Congratulations!! What a cute little girl!! I am also so glad that everything went so well and that you had such a great labor delivery.

Kathy said...

Congratulations, I'm so glad that the suffering is over. What a nice and perfect birth. Merry Christmas.

Shaila Lou said...

Congrats you guys! She looks like a sweet baby. Sound like it was a pretty good birth. Hope everything is going well.