Saturday, July 4, 2009

Broken Leg

Well I have been meaning to post about this but our camera does not have an SD card, so it is somewhere in a box and I wanted to post with a picture. But oh well!

Last week I was cleaning our main bathroom when I heard Aiden scream from the living room. I ran in there to find Aiden laying on top of a 1 inch binder that was sticking out from under the coffee table and he was holding the broom. My guess is he was running with the broom and tripped over the binder that was sticking out. Well I did not think much of it and he was just whinny and I gave him some tylenol and let him was a movie. He let me move his leg around and he was just not consistent with his whinning for me to want to take him to the ER.

The next morning after I got home from going to my visiting teaching interview Eric told me he thought we should take Aiden to Children's to get his leg checked out. He was worried that he was not walking on it. So on our way to the Hospital I told Eric we should tell them that we at least know it is not broken because it's not!

Turns out he had a toddlers fracture where they could not rule out that he did not have a fracture but they could really tell just by how he would let them move his leg. We asked the doctor if he has any bone problems since he broke his colar bone in January and she said there were no signs at all and that he was just a really rough boy (can not wait for the future!). They put him in a splint until monday then we came back and he got a light blue cast with a neon green stripe the wraps around it. ( Thats why I want pictures of it).

He is fine and nothing stops him with it. He is walking, running and climbing with it. He gets the cast off July 20th!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sad about Aiden leg, but I'm glad he doesn't seem too put out.

Brenda said...

man and I thought my boys were rough but I guess Aiden gets the gold for that one!