Thursday, March 19, 2009

Take as Long as You Like!


Eric told me to come to the bathroom the other night and he opened the door and this is what I found. Then he said "Take as long as you like" and shut me in there!

Ok, yes it was really sweet but I must tell you our little secret! I heard a great idea on the radio a few months ago where a couple wrote out a note card for each week of the year. You would write something you want the other to do for you. So we started this a few weeks ago. And we try to surprise each other with the card we picked for that week. Eric just happened to pick, draw me a bubble bath and leave me! (As least thats what I think he said he might not have picked that card).

We decided we could only have one expensive card (not every expensive...but it is for us!), 2 semi expensive card, 4 cheap cards and the rest must be free. We can have as many of the same notecards as we want too, they are what we want. I have things like make the list of meals for the week, clean the kitchen, take the kids out for a few hours, back massages. Its been nice! I have found it interesting we have been doing these for each other a lot more than we use to.

Thought I would share this with you guys!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That is such a great idea Taryn. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I totally heard that same radio conversation and Eric and I have been meaning to start the same thing! That's so funny! We just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think it is a wonderful idea, and I think I will have to get Eric and I to sit down soon to write out our wishes!

Brenda said...

I like that idea especially the nice long bath where no one can disturb me. It is a great idea.